Highways contractor BEAR Scotland has extended its use of Causeway Project Accounting (CPA) with a licence renewal that includes the addition of mobile planning and scheduling functionality to replace in-house systems.
BEAR Scotland is a limited company formed by the alliance of Eurovia, Jacobs and Breedon Aggregates, each of which has an impressive track record in highways and road maintenance, transportation and civil engineering. BEAR Scotland is responsible for a high proportion of roads maintenance in Scotland including the North West and North East trunk roads, the M80 from Stepps to Haggs and the A92 from Dundee to Arbroath.
The company has been using CPA Highways & Infrastructure Maintenance Managementsoftware for several years, working closely in partnership with Causeway to identify opportunities for improving the productivity and efficiency of its operational activities. The introduction of mobile planning and scheduling will help to streamline the management of mobile workforces and add to the efficiencies already being achieved through CPA.
- Improved visibility of real-time data.
- Links to Works orders for value-based budget control.
- Background control of budgets.
- Time-savings on processing of work.
- Alignment with client systems.
- Inherent flexibility for managing different contract requirements.
- Cost and value data in a single location.
- Enhanced management of mobile workforce.
- Reduced financial risk.
Photo courtesy of Mike Brocklebank.