This is the first webinar in the design automation masterclass series which looks at how design automation tools can be used to quickly amend alignment designs saving time and reducing risk.
The design automation masterclass series was developed to provide engineers with a deep dive into different areas of the design process. The webinars focus on the latest design automation tools developed by Causeway that enable engineers to streamline workflows and make time savings.
A common request from PDS users of the Alignment Design (PAD) module, was to simplify the creation and modification of alignments. The new automated routines carry out all the required procedures to create or amend an alignment, in a single command, while still giving the user ultimate control of the resulting design. Any changes made, that affect other areas of the design, are highlighted for acceptance or further modification.
This webinar demonstrates some of the recently added automated functions of PDS Alignment Design
- Generate Alignment – Creation of a new alignment, both horizontally and vertically, with carriageway and features, using, user defined, preset values.
- Edit Alignment – A number of functions to adjust the horizontal design while automatically updating the vertical design and any associated carriageways and features.
- Edit Junction – To change the radii of a simple junction or switch between simple and complex junction types, without having to remove any attached features.
- Edit Turning Head – To edit any dimension or switch between types of turning head, standard or freeform, again without having to remove any attached features.
- Insert Speed Table – Combining several individual commands to a single insertion with user defined preset values. Changes have also been made to the Annotate Carriageway command to include the automatic annotation of any speed tables.
Recap on the whole Design Automation Masterclass Series:
Want to learn more? Schedule a demonstration with our product specialists here.