This is the fourth webinar in the design automation masterclass series looks at the tools available to automate the design of road markings and traffic signs in accordance with TSRGD
The design automation masterclass series was developed to provide engineers with a deep dive into different areas of the design process. The webinars focus on the latest design automation tools developed by Causeway that enable engineers to streamline workflows and make time savings.
The PDS Line & PDS Sign have been created to assist designers with projects by utilising as many automated routines as possible. Both systems have been designed to apply sizes and positioning to comply with current Department of Transport regulations.
This webinar demonstrates some of the automated processes used in the PDS Line & PDS Sign software
- Placement of line markings is largely governed by their relationship to pre-drawn road layouts. Existing linework can be converted to markings, or, where required, offset distances, as defined by the regulations, can be applied.
- All markings are parametric and can be sized according to requirements. Vehicular or cycle traffic etc.
- Many standard text strings are supplied in a library.
- Should modification be needed, the properties of the marking can be easily changed from the displayed permitted alternatives.
- Once the markings are placed in the drawing, annotation, quantification and setting out are automated processes which can create tables in the drawing and/or external reports.
- Critical for compliance with regulations, text fonts, spacings and alignments are all built into the software.
- Strings of text are automatically stored for repeated usage.
- Libraries of standard symbols are available.
- The sign border object is parametrically related to the contents of the sign.
- Regulatory and warning signs are created using a wizard which only offers permitted variables.
- The structures calculator creates appropriate structures, based on user defined criteria for wind pressure, ground conditions and type of base required.
Recap on the whole Design Automation Masterclass Series:
1. How to implement design automation tools to quickly modify alignments
2. How to automate design and output production of drainage networks in CAD
3. How to automate drainage feasibility studies
4. How to automate the design of road markings and traffic signs
5. How to save time by automating drainage annotation deliverables
Want to learn more? Schedule a demonstration with our product specialists here.